Blood-Letting and Pastries
Hello everyone. Welcome to the Lengthening-Days side of the year! It's all downhill to summer from here!
Joe is leaving today to drive down to Bavaria for Christmas time in the Alps. Yeah, sounds like a hardship. He's going to go cross-country skiing. I am jealous. Next time we go cross-country skiing, I'm going to take pictures of the ancient little German people who are whizzing by. They have to be 158 years old. And they are hauling ASS. I hope I'm that spry when I'm 50! Hell, I hope my knees still work when I'm 50.
So yesterday I went to the Red Cross to donate. And let me tell you people, if you're going to donate blood, do it NOW. Before Christmas. Not for the good, warm-fuzzy feelings you get from helping (up to 3 people with one donation!). No, for the loot. Seriously. I walked into the Red Cross and I walked out with:
* Entry into a raffle for a free CRUISE to the BAHAMAS for two
* A gift certificate for a free Krispy Kreme donut
* A gift certificate for a free Chik-fil-A sandwich
* A free t-shirt
* An apple pie.
Now, I don't mean one of those little apple fritters with 89,000 calories, like we used to get in middle school. No, I mean a whole pie. An entire apple pie. Kroger (Publix?) apparently donated pies. So I got a pie.
Random.
I felt kind of guilty. Couldn't they give this to homeless people or something? But this just tells you how desperate they are for blood.
So give blood if you can! And get free pie!
Joe is leaving today to drive down to Bavaria for Christmas time in the Alps. Yeah, sounds like a hardship. He's going to go cross-country skiing. I am jealous. Next time we go cross-country skiing, I'm going to take pictures of the ancient little German people who are whizzing by. They have to be 158 years old. And they are hauling ASS. I hope I'm that spry when I'm 50! Hell, I hope my knees still work when I'm 50.
So yesterday I went to the Red Cross to donate. And let me tell you people, if you're going to donate blood, do it NOW. Before Christmas. Not for the good, warm-fuzzy feelings you get from helping (up to 3 people with one donation!). No, for the loot. Seriously. I walked into the Red Cross and I walked out with:
* Entry into a raffle for a free CRUISE to the BAHAMAS for two
* A gift certificate for a free Krispy Kreme donut
* A gift certificate for a free Chik-fil-A sandwich
* A free t-shirt
* An apple pie.
Now, I don't mean one of those little apple fritters with 89,000 calories, like we used to get in middle school. No, I mean a whole pie. An entire apple pie. Kroger (Publix?) apparently donated pies. So I got a pie.
Random.
I felt kind of guilty. Couldn't they give this to homeless people or something? But this just tells you how desperate they are for blood.
So give blood if you can! And get free pie!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home