Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Karaoke and Tanqueray

Chris and I last night went where few honkeys have been before:

Kenny's Bar

It was karaoke night. We thought it would be exciting. See, at Kenny's there are few guests of our...um...ethnic persuasion. So why not go?

We were concerned when we drove up and saw a sign on the front door that requested that we ring the doorbell to get in. Um, ok. Do we also have to know some kind of special handshake? We rang the doorbell, only to be told that we had to go in the BACK door. Oh. Ok. Sounds safe.

We wander around to the back of the building, where we see that it is, in fact, the front. The building is ass toward the road. Nice.

We walked into a lobby area that looked a bit like...I dunno....a VA hospital or something. BUT. Once we paid the cover and walked into the actual bar, we were floored. It was the cleanest bar I've ever been in. It was nicely decorated, good subtle lighting, and the tables had plenty of room between them, so you weren't constantly having someone else's butt pushed up into your (1) face while seated, or (2) back while standing.

The men were so gentlemanly (and bought drinks!) and the women were very friendly. It was an awesome little bar! We even met Kenny. As in, the owner. Came over and introduced himself.

Maybe we'll be regulars!

*****************

Joe and I are making plans for my next visit, which will be in May. Makes me nervous to think about flying but excited to see him again (and need I even mention the Cheese shop? Didn't think so).

Speaking of (and in) German, I am officially on the German knitting team. And just in time! Guess I should post something on the site, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger ragazzaostrica said...

LOL
and
AWESOME

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home