Let Them Eat Chocolate
Happy Valentine's Day!
(Even though every day should be Valentine's Day, no?)
On this day in which we celebrate a love-lorn medieval saint/martyr who got his butt stuck in prison, let us ruminate on what love is:
* Love is a belching contest with good friends.
* Love is leaving the last chocolate for someone else.
* Love is publicly humiliating yourself for someone else's pleasure.
* Love is road trips and staying in sketchy hotels and eating hot dogs because you both love them.
* Love is taking care of yourself so you can care for others. Awww...ain't that sweet.
Which brings me to my Valentine's Day gift to myself: Sadism.
For yes, ladies and gentlemen, today I am going to......
The Dentist.
I love my teeth. My teeth are not so in love with me right now. They try to love me, but know that I have not dedicated the time, energy & expenses necessary to keep them in prime condition. Therefore I am dedicating my Valentine's Day Agony to my teeth.
Teeth, I love you.
You help me eat chocolate.
You provide me with the opportunity to enjoy steak and tater tots.
You help me open my nail polish bottles.
Thank you teeth. I love you.
(Even though every day should be Valentine's Day, no?)
On this day in which we celebrate a love-lorn medieval saint/martyr who got his butt stuck in prison, let us ruminate on what love is:
* Love is a belching contest with good friends.
* Love is leaving the last chocolate for someone else.
* Love is publicly humiliating yourself for someone else's pleasure.
* Love is road trips and staying in sketchy hotels and eating hot dogs because you both love them.
* Love is taking care of yourself so you can care for others. Awww...ain't that sweet.
Which brings me to my Valentine's Day gift to myself: Sadism.
For yes, ladies and gentlemen, today I am going to......
The Dentist.
I love my teeth. My teeth are not so in love with me right now. They try to love me, but know that I have not dedicated the time, energy & expenses necessary to keep them in prime condition. Therefore I am dedicating my Valentine's Day Agony to my teeth.
Teeth, I love you.
You help me eat chocolate.
You provide me with the opportunity to enjoy steak and tater tots.
You help me open my nail polish bottles.
Thank you teeth. I love you.

1 Comments:
thank you for the lovely poem , nell...
Post a Comment
<< Home