EEK! Flying!!!!
Ok. Good news!!!! I got my tickets to visit Joe in May! I'll be going for a full 2 weeks, from May 4 to May 21. Wow. That's a lot of currywurst.
In an effort to alleviate most, if not all, of my flying anxiety, I am now going to enumerate some of the great things about this trip:
(1) The obvious one. I get to see Joe! :D
(2) Cheese shop.
(3) I get to take one of the new flights direct from Newark, NJ to Berlin. Which is cool. Normally I have 3 flights to get there - this time I just have 2. No stinky layover in Paris! Yay!
(4) I will get to try out my anxiety coping techniques, especially since the plane I take to NJ is, I think, a small one and I will be sitting in a window seat. EEK.
(5) Currywurst. Oh, and the Cheese shop.
(6) I get to see Joe! And we get to start working on paperwork for the big move! We can't actually start filing the paperwork yet, but we can at least get together the things we need and make sure we have all our little Enten in a row. See? I just used a German word (Enten=Ducks) in a sentence! I'll be fluent before we know it! :)
So overall, although I might be a little shaken up on the flights, I'm sure I will be just fine, and we will have a wonderful visit for 2 whole weeks, and the weather will be nice and we can browse for garden gnomes.
See? I'm already feeling better. Whew.
Ok, so the knitting Olympics have officially started (as of 2 pm - It's LIVE and on INTERNATIONAL TIME, baby!) And I actually posted on the German website, although those poor women are probably thinking: "who is this stupid American idiot who can't speak a damn word of German?" Nah. They're overwhelmed with my naive charm. Yeah, that's it.
So I will be posting lots of pictures of my knitting projects in the next few weeks. :)
Happy Weekend everyone!
In an effort to alleviate most, if not all, of my flying anxiety, I am now going to enumerate some of the great things about this trip:
(1) The obvious one. I get to see Joe! :D
(2) Cheese shop.
(3) I get to take one of the new flights direct from Newark, NJ to Berlin. Which is cool. Normally I have 3 flights to get there - this time I just have 2. No stinky layover in Paris! Yay!
(4) I will get to try out my anxiety coping techniques, especially since the plane I take to NJ is, I think, a small one and I will be sitting in a window seat. EEK.
(5) Currywurst. Oh, and the Cheese shop.
(6) I get to see Joe! And we get to start working on paperwork for the big move! We can't actually start filing the paperwork yet, but we can at least get together the things we need and make sure we have all our little Enten in a row. See? I just used a German word (Enten=Ducks) in a sentence! I'll be fluent before we know it! :)
So overall, although I might be a little shaken up on the flights, I'm sure I will be just fine, and we will have a wonderful visit for 2 whole weeks, and the weather will be nice and we can browse for garden gnomes.
See? I'm already feeling better. Whew.
Ok, so the knitting Olympics have officially started (as of 2 pm - It's LIVE and on INTERNATIONAL TIME, baby!) And I actually posted on the German website, although those poor women are probably thinking: "who is this stupid American idiot who can't speak a damn word of German?" Nah. They're overwhelmed with my naive charm. Yeah, that's it.
So I will be posting lots of pictures of my knitting projects in the next few weeks. :)
Happy Weekend everyone!

1 Comments:
i suck at the knitting olympics
: (
Post a Comment
<< Home