Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Monday, April 23, 2007

Why Thank You Guys!

You all are so sweet, with the comments on the chair. Thank you! *blush*

And yes, Shanna, I would LOVE to teach you to sew. Come on down!!! (We'll also have wine and go to the beach - yay!).

I realized that after blogging this weekend I had apparently lost a significant part of my sense of humor. Hmm. More wine might help that too. Hang on....

Ok. I feel funnier already! Heh. But I still can't remember any jokes. Except for the moth joke. And the one about the round bales of hay. And y'all have heard those so many times I'm starting to feel bad about it.

Also, I realized I forgot to mention Elizabeth's birthday. I suck. So! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELIZABETH!

Also, Joe's mom (Who reads this blog as well! From Germany! Isn't that cool?) celebrated her birthday last week. So ALLES GUTE ZUM GEBURTSTAG, EDELTRAUD!

Also, (it's a big time for birthdays apparently) Joe's birthday is on Friday! He wants bread pudding for his birthday cake. :)

Mmmmm....bread pudding. Rachel, do you have that recipe with the almonds? Did you give it to me already? Am I becoming senile already?

On a slightly more morbid note (because being a senile 31 year old isn't morbid enough), I had to drive up to NC a few weekends ago for a funeral for an uncle of mine. He had been ill for a long time and had lived to a ripe old age. And although the occasion wasn't exactly pleasant, it was nice to see some of my family members again. My aunt Betty is awesomely funny. Also, I had forgotten how gorgeous the scenery is in NC. We drove up into the mountains and it was just beautiful.

Also it snowed. But I didn't see any because I had to leave to get back to Georgia before the snow started. It's a shame. I haven't seen snow in TWO YEARS. Except on tv. Which doesn't count. Especially when it's 84 outside.

As you may or may not know (or care) I love reading a few blogs that I am absolutely devoted to. One of them is Crazy Aunt Purl. She and I seem to be simpatico on a LOT of things, including sniffing yarn and the inability to set our alarm clocks for normal times (mine currently is set to 6:52 am). Anyway, Crazy Aunt Purl has made me very proud. She has published a whole book! It's even on Amazon.com! Go her!

This is very motivating to me, particularly because she has a lot of the same self-doubts about herself that I have (about myself, obviously, not about her). If she can do it, maybe I could do it too. Huh.

Morning comes early
Important meeting at eight
Time to hit the sheets!

(See, maybe I could do a book on useless haiku!) Here's another! I'm on a roll!

Dishwasher is loud
water drowns out Mythbusters
Hand me the remote.

Wow. Hang on, I'm not done yet!

Computer is warm
satin pants on sweaty lap
time for the a/c.

Ok, that one was really charming. Sorry.

Really, I do have an early meeting. Time to hit the pillow!

7 Comments:

Blogger The Colorado Carrs said...

Hey Kelli! I was going tocomment on your chair too!!

Love it!

I am comign over when you teach Shanna so we can start our buisness!

Good to see you are doing so well!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Annie Mac said...

test

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm coming for Shanna's lessons, too. But I don't want to learn to sew, just share the wine on the beach.

Don't forget about the duck joke. And the millipede.

I'll look for that bread pudding recipe and zap it to you when I find it. It is sehr yummy.

And don't know about you, but I can't wait to read Drunk, Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Annie Mac said...

ok don't laugh at me with the test message. I'm just figuring all this out:)
Hey girlfriend!! I was so happy to see that you finally posted again. i check yours all the time. (maybe i should just call ya, huh?) this blogger world is fun stuff though i have to get better @ it myself. it will most likely be a slow build.
ok i'm @ work and read that last haiku about the sweaty pants- i laughed out loud (that is significant cuz i'm not a laugh-out-louder typically). am i typing too much for a comment?
um- i love your chair too though instead of taking lessons like shan and jess- i'd rather just hire you to redo my furniture (seriously i have a couch in need). your hair is looking good too:)
and i like this joe character. he kayaks, he makes crepes-what can't this man do? i always knew you'd get a good one:)
as i'm writing this i realize i just need to call you. i miss you!!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Shanna Mac said...

do you notice how much my sister can write on a comment, but refuses to write on a posting of her own?

i'm thinking the wine and beach sounds better than the lesson. i might be a better sewer if i have a bit o wine in me. it would probably give me confidence to make glorious things.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Shanna! I have an idea! Let's grab a bottle of wine and watch Kelli sew! That'll be much better and more productive than trying to learn ourselves. Does it seem fair to you that Kelli got every ounce of the sewing gene from Mom and left me with nothing? Not even the inclination to learn to sew.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Shanna Mac said...

it's not fair, but i'm sure you use your time quite productively. i think i prefer to wine and watch as well. i have a feeling the whatever-to-be-sewn would come out much better that way too. where are you now?

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home