Auf Wiedersehen, Rene!
Happy Tuesday, everyone. How are things?
This has been a good week - very busy but good. On Saturday we went catamaraning at St. Simon's Island. Sunday was a lazy at-home day (good because there is much knitting to be done).
Yesterday we went out to dinner (mexican food - yum!) with Joe's coworker, Rene. You might remember Rene from my moving adventure last fall, when he helped us move my crap into the new house. Tonight Rene came to our house for dinner - Joe made pork steaks on the grill. it was great. Joe again proved himself to be a great cook.
Why, you ask, am I talking so much about Rene tonight? Because this was the last time I'll get to see Rene for a while. He's moving back to Germany on Thursday. This is the challenging part of being transient and having friends who are also transient. They move away and it's a long time before you see them again.
What's nice about it is that you always have people to visit. We're planning to go out for Mexican food again, but in Berlin next time.
Work is good, but very busy right now too. I'm trying very hard to get organized with all the various work projects I have going on. It's a lot of stuff to juggle at once, but I think I'm doing ok with it. Tomorrow I have a big presentation to the chief medical officer (ie. Official Medical Big Wig). Should be exciting and a good learning experience, even if I get so nervous I throw up. At least he's a doctor, so he's used to people throwing up.
Sorry - that paragraph took a bad turn there. My bad!
What else? Don't trust the post office - they've apparently lost my mom's birthday present we sent last week. Stupid post office.
Nothing seems very interesting today, especially me. :P Sorry!
This has been a good week - very busy but good. On Saturday we went catamaraning at St. Simon's Island. Sunday was a lazy at-home day (good because there is much knitting to be done).
Yesterday we went out to dinner (mexican food - yum!) with Joe's coworker, Rene. You might remember Rene from my moving adventure last fall, when he helped us move my crap into the new house. Tonight Rene came to our house for dinner - Joe made pork steaks on the grill. it was great. Joe again proved himself to be a great cook.
Why, you ask, am I talking so much about Rene tonight? Because this was the last time I'll get to see Rene for a while. He's moving back to Germany on Thursday. This is the challenging part of being transient and having friends who are also transient. They move away and it's a long time before you see them again.
What's nice about it is that you always have people to visit. We're planning to go out for Mexican food again, but in Berlin next time.
Work is good, but very busy right now too. I'm trying very hard to get organized with all the various work projects I have going on. It's a lot of stuff to juggle at once, but I think I'm doing ok with it. Tomorrow I have a big presentation to the chief medical officer (ie. Official Medical Big Wig). Should be exciting and a good learning experience, even if I get so nervous I throw up. At least he's a doctor, so he's used to people throwing up.
Sorry - that paragraph took a bad turn there. My bad!
What else? Don't trust the post office - they've apparently lost my mom's birthday present we sent last week. Stupid post office.
Nothing seems very interesting today, especially me. :P Sorry!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home