Howdy and it's Monday and I'm putting a good face on it.
Good news! Joe had a birthday this past weekend. Happy Birthday Joe!
We had a low-key birthday weekend. Saturday we went to SC to scout out some new camping areas, and on Sunday we went shopping for some new towels.
Don't get too caught up in the excitement of Chez Kelli, y'all.
Thanks to Rachel's fantastic recipe, I made bread pudding for Joe's birthday cake. It was GOOD. (Please note the verb - it's now gone). Success!
Today was new team member orientation at work, so I talked for 6 hours straight. Now, for those of you who have known me for a while, you might say: "Wow. This must be Kelli's dream job - talking for 6 hours nonstop!" Well, yes, it's fun being the person who welcomes new team members to their new careers. It's nice to try to start people off on the right foot. But talking for 6 hours? Hard on the vocal chords. Also tiring. And also it's hard to find time to take potty breaks. Which, again if you've known me for a long time, are critical every 2 hours minimum.
After work I went by 2 consignment shops to try to buy some new work clothes for summer. I realized that I have no summer clothes, because I've worked for hot-natured people since moving to Savannah (see: Power Puff Girls thermal socks at Job #1, space heater and nappy sweater at Job #2, and opening the window to let in "warm" winter air at Job #3). Now I actually get to (gasp!) GO OUTSIDE at my job, and I sweat like a stuck pig. All of my clothes are long-sleeved and black. Not so good when it's 89 out. So anyway, I went to two consignment shops and realized that these people have the cushiest work hours ever. One shop had open hours on Tuesday - Saturday, from 11 am - 5 pm.
Must be nice.
So I got no new clothes. That's ok I suppose. There's always tomorrow at 11 am. Ha.
If you're still reading this, I am amazed. Could I possibly be any more boring today? Go read something more interesting! Go read Go Fug Yourself! :)
We had a low-key birthday weekend. Saturday we went to SC to scout out some new camping areas, and on Sunday we went shopping for some new towels.
Don't get too caught up in the excitement of Chez Kelli, y'all.
Thanks to Rachel's fantastic recipe, I made bread pudding for Joe's birthday cake. It was GOOD. (Please note the verb - it's now gone). Success!
Today was new team member orientation at work, so I talked for 6 hours straight. Now, for those of you who have known me for a while, you might say: "Wow. This must be Kelli's dream job - talking for 6 hours nonstop!" Well, yes, it's fun being the person who welcomes new team members to their new careers. It's nice to try to start people off on the right foot. But talking for 6 hours? Hard on the vocal chords. Also tiring. And also it's hard to find time to take potty breaks. Which, again if you've known me for a long time, are critical every 2 hours minimum.
After work I went by 2 consignment shops to try to buy some new work clothes for summer. I realized that I have no summer clothes, because I've worked for hot-natured people since moving to Savannah (see: Power Puff Girls thermal socks at Job #1, space heater and nappy sweater at Job #2, and opening the window to let in "warm" winter air at Job #3). Now I actually get to (gasp!) GO OUTSIDE at my job, and I sweat like a stuck pig. All of my clothes are long-sleeved and black. Not so good when it's 89 out. So anyway, I went to two consignment shops and realized that these people have the cushiest work hours ever. One shop had open hours on Tuesday - Saturday, from 11 am - 5 pm.
Must be nice.
So I got no new clothes. That's ok I suppose. There's always tomorrow at 11 am. Ha.
If you're still reading this, I am amazed. Could I possibly be any more boring today? Go read something more interesting! Go read Go Fug Yourself! :)

1 Comments:
I hope you are doing well Kelli. I miss seeing you. You and Joe look very happy. It would be so nice for us to get together and catch up.
Post a Comment
<< Home