Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What day is it? Oh right. Work day.

Hey everyone. Hope all is going well for all of you out there in cyberspace!


It's Wednesday already, which is crazy. Life is going so fast!

This week has been exciting. As some of you may remember, I recently spoke at a statewide nursing conference on cultural diversity and competence. I felt like it went well, but I had no idea HOW well. Until this week, when I got an invitation to speak at A NATIONAL CONFERENCE. wow. It's next spring, in Utah. And I think they're paying. wow.


Also I was given some info about a new branch of the University of South Carolina that's just over the border, and they're looking for adjunct faculty, AND they have a religion department. whoa. The possibilities keep surfacing!


Just the day before, a coworker asked me where I learned to sew, and when I told her I'm mostly self-taught, she said that she really wanted to learn. So I told her I was planning to start teaching sewing lessons, and she wants to learn to sew from me! wow. Why is life suddenly full of opportunities? Not that I'm complaining! As Joe pointed out, I'm overdue for opportunities after having worked for dingi (dinguses?) for so long.


Anyway, will keep you posted on those fronts.


My friend Amanda came to visit this past weekend, which was awesome. I haven't seen her in ages, since she's been living in New Zealand. So she came down on Saturday morning and we went to the beach for a nice walk and chat. Joe made a wonderful dinner that night - pork tenderloins and grilled corn. YUM.

On Sunday we went catamaraning at St. Simon's Island.

This is Joe and Amanda on the catamaran. Please note that they're going fast enough to get up on one outrigger. (That's fast!)





But when you get going REALLY fast, this might happen:

Um, this doesn't look so promising. What happens now? You guessed it:

But! Everyone was fine and only a little bruised up, which is good for bragging rights anyway.

Artistic photo Amanda took of the shadow under the catamaran:

Very pretty, no?

I went to knitting night yesterday after shopping for a little while at Target. I really don't like shopping - clothes are overpriced and under-quality, but there comes a time when a girl has to break down and buy a few things. I got 3 new shirts (short-sleeved - hurrah!) and a skirt and a pair of casual pants and some adorable kitten heels that gave me blisters today. But they're new, so that's to be expected.

Now Joe and I are watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail and giggling. :) Fun to be had by all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya know, you always were a really good speaker so it doesn't surprise me at all that you're wanted nationally now. very exciting. it sounds like you're in the right kind of setting to get noticed for all the talents and skills you've racked up over the years. i'm proud of little you.
love ya
annie

10:49 PM  
Blogger Annie Mac said...

kelli
please go to my blog and prepare yourself.
annie
as u can see i remembered my password this time

11:08 PM  
Blogger ragazzaostrica said...

awesome!!!
the world is your oyster now!
you are on fire!


plus, lol to the hobie 16.

i feel like i just got back from summer camp and you and joe are those councellors i will still remember and make it into my stories even in my 30th decade!!!

i hope the tide brings me back to georgia soon,
cheers,
ragazza ostrica

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{whine, whimper} I want to go. MY TURN!!!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home