Good News! The Website is Up!
So that's good. Yay!
On to other things. I have a job interview tomorrow. Should be interesting - I had to take a test for them earlier this week. It involved...gasp...MATH. As in, multiplying fractions. And also adding stuff with n attached and little numbers that I vaguely remembered as being the number of times you multiply a number by itself. So. There was that. This was apparently some type of test they give to management level types at this company (a very large paper mill). I asked Joe why they would give me a math test, seeing as I wouldn't be doing anything involving math there. His suggestion was that perhaps it's to see my management potential - the worse I do on the math, the faster track I'm on to becoming CEO. HA. There was some reading comprehension too and some logic stuff, which was fine. Like I said though, the interview is tomorrow and I'll let everyone know what happens.
(Also, for those of you who might be questioning why, after my previous rant about clearcutting, I would be remotely interested in working at a paper mill, let me just say that this company does a LOT of work to build renewable forests and sustainable resource kinds of stuff).
Ok, you might need to forgive me - it's almost 11 and I might be a bit punchy. I've been sitting here for about 5 minutes trying to figure out what to say next. :)
So moving on! I have photos. So here they are, because I'm rambling and not making sense. So here, for your viewing pleasure (and for me to rub it in just a little) is my birthday loot!

There is a lot of edible goodness there: German sweets (gummy bears, wafer cookies, and Dominos - these are little squares with marzipan, cookie, and chocolate, covered in chocolate). Also there's a small bottle of sake. I love this sake because the bottle fits perfectly in my hand. It's the little pleasures in life, no? What else...Incense from out west in multiple flavors, a great mixed CD, some sandalwood soap and shampoo, and some homemade goodies!
The big dark canister of floaty stuff is called Rumtopf - it's rum and mixed fruits soaked all in rummy sugary goodness. Oh my. Here are detailed shots of some of the other specially made stuff:
Here is an AWESOME invention of Joe's: a wooden knitting needle holder! Isn't it pretty? He designed and made it himself (AND made the knitting needles to go in it!). You can also see the Dominos box and the Rumtopf more clearly now (see the floaty rum fruit? hee hee).

This next photo shows some of the music on the CD Rachel made for me, and a lovely potholder made by my niece (isn't she talented?). On top of that is a ring that Joe bought for me in Wichita. It's inset with different colored stones and is very lovely. The potholder and ring set each other off quite well, don't they? Maybe they should come as a matching set. :)
Next up is a set of wooden jewelry that Joe made for me (again with the talent!). These haven't been stained yet, but are still very nice. 2 bracelets and 3 rings - the top ring is squared off on the top. Tres chic!

Ok, that's all of the birthday loot! Isn't that nice? I also got some nice cards and good well-wishes, and lunch and dinner. :)
But! Lest you think that everyone else has been crafty and I haven't been, oh you would be terribly mistaken. Because I have been sewing and knitting a LOT. (Despite the job hunt and all that- heh. It's hard to focus when there's sewing to be done!).
First, a set of bags commissioned to fit a motorcycle's side cars. These are made of vinyl and nylon strapping. I'm pleased with them - Joe said that he is too. But they aren't for him!
Here are the two of them together. They're slanted to fit the side cars. When you hold them down by your sides, you look like you're walking REALLY FAST.

Guess that's it for now. There' s a lot more I could report on, but I'm tired! Bye!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home