Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Oh the News! Such Excitement!!!

So! Lots to report! Let's go ahead and start with Big Thing #1. I have photo documentation (please ignore the double-chins):
On Friday afternoon, Joe and I went and got this piece of paper. Bit hard to read, isn't it?


A Marriage License!!

Note: it's not yet signed, so it's not official. We're in the planning stages, but wanted to get this part done in advance (because of lack of free time with my new job, more on that later).

Also, please note that the above photo is a retake. The first self-portrait I tried to take turned out like this:


Cold feet already? :)

So! That's some exciting news, huh? Will keep everyone updated on our progress toward tying the knot. We aren't planning to have much (if any) ceremony with the whole thing, just a big party afterwards. I'm making my own dress, and already have the design sketches done. I'll post them soon too so you can see what I have in mind.

AND! As if that weren't enough, I have more news! I start my new job tomorrow! It's at the paper mill, and the salary is very nice. I'm looking forward to continuing the debt-repayment big time, although instead of credit cards, I'm focusing on student loans now. Anyway. I get my own hard hat and steel toe boots and safety goggles. Cool, huh? It should be pretty exciting. I'm a bit nervous, but it's not that different from what I did at the hospital, just in a different environment. I hope it works out ok! I will take some pictures this week and post those too.

Speaking of, it's almost bedtime. I have to get a few things ready before I go to bed (one of them working on my newest sweater that I just started yesterday!).

Ta ta for now!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I just love that picture! Hilarious! :D

Congratulations to you both! Now let me go google some more wedding ideas for you. Have you seen the lighters? They're little bic lighters wearing wedding clothes. You know, for the mothers to light the unity candles. You NEEED those. Wonder if they come in dirdels and lederhosen? What would you do without my services?

4:31 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Congratulations. I know you are both very happy. Big step isn't it, but after all this time you two should already feel married. Miss you and wish you all the best.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Shanna Mac said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home