Hey everyone. Happy March!
Things here are moving along nicely. Joe is in Germany for work this week, so I am yet again a single gal, knitting and watching Poirot on tv all evening. :) He'll be back on Saturday and I'm looking forward to his return. It's just not as exciting without him here.
Well, I am very pleased to report that my job so far is going great. I'm feeling like I fit in pretty well and everyone is working to make me feel comfortable. I'm jumping in and trying to get some things done, and feel like I'm making some good headway! It's always a little challenging to try to jump into someone else's scheduling system and filing systems and trying to make sense of it all, but I'm getting there.
Wanna see a picture of the mill? Here's part of it:
Industrial, no? I would tell you what those big things are if I knew. But....well...I don't. They're going to take me on a tour soon. The reason they had to wait to take me out into the mill? Because I had to get some steel toe shoes. But! Lest you think that they only make big clunky boots with steel toes, I hate to disappoint you. Check these out:
Aren't they cute? And steel toes! Neato! They're very comfy too! I like them. Now, in addition to steel toe shoes, I also get a safety vest, emergency respirator (which I know how to use now - good), goggles, ear plugs, and safety gloves. Are you ready to see the sexy? Prepare yourself. hee hee:
Joe and I went out shopping last weekend because I didn't have casual enough clothes for this job! I had gone to Target last week but all they had was "tissue knit". What the hell is that? It's so thin that it's basically see-through. Yeah, not so much in the industrial environment, surrounded by manly-men. So! Where else to go? Then Joe had a brilliant idea:
Bass Pro Shop.
No, really. If you guys haven't been to Bass Pro Shop for clothes, you are missing out! They have cute stuff, flattering, well-made (some even from the U.S.) and their clearance deals are great. I ended up with 2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, and 3 sweaters! Now I'm ready to work! :)
Still don't believe me? Here's a link to Bass Pro Shops. YOU go look:
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Subdepartment_10151_-1_10001_600006000_600000000?CMID=APLN_OS_LADIESCLOTHING
Anyway. So that's what's going on in my life right now - just working and getting settled in there, sewing on a memory quilt for a customer, and as soon as I get it done I'm starting on my wedding dress (YES, I will post a photo of the design soon! I promise!).
Guess I'm not feeling overly humerous today - sorry. I'm just sleepy! Talk to you later!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home