Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Monday, July 21, 2008

Howdy and Monday Update and so on.

Bonjour everyone. Hopefully life is treating you well.

Things are good here. Joe and I went up to a wedding reception at my Mom's over the 4th of July weekend, where we ate cake (photos forthcoming), met up with friends (photos also forthcoming), and watched fireworks (no photos). It was a lovely reception - lots of people came, including family friends I hadn't seen in ages. Very cool.

Since then, Joe has been hard at work doing this:

It's a writing desk that Joe MADE for me. Isn't it beautiful? I love it. I needed a writing desk something bad, so now I have one. A lovely handmade one with the features I want. Now I'm ready to write. :) Isn't he talented? I was extremely impressed.

What else? I'm going to the chiropractor again (but a different one closer to the house). I apparently have some weird back issues and curvatures and also Hello. Scoliosis. Brought on by a lack of stomach muscle and also a lot of looseness in my joints and bad posture. My spine now looks a bit like this in the x-ray:

Y (except without the top right branch - it's a bit wavy)

Nice, huh? No wonder I get headaches and also the hems on my dresses are always crooked. The doc seems to think that it's at least somewhat fixable, because I didn't have it in childhood. How weird is that? So he's been stretching me and cracking me and in general trying really hard to straighten me up. Maybe I'll be taller when he's finished!

I've also just started on one of my New Year's Resolutions - to learn to quilt! I'm taking a class at Colonial Quilts in Savannah, and am making this quilt:

http://www.colonialquilts.us/brickwork.html

Mine will be blue, teal, and green. I want it to look like water. And yes, I plan to take photos to document the process so stay tuned.

That's about it from Savannah. Drink plenty of water, y'all. It's HOT out there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! She writes! She quilts! She BLOGS!!

Love the desk - that's one talented hubby you got there.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home