Shameful!
Yes, yes, I am sorely ashamed that I have not recently updated the blog. To be honest, not much of interest is happening. I've just been working on gifts for the holidays, avoiding folding the laundry, and watching Agatha Christie movies. That's about it.
I did realize something, however, this weekend. On Saturday night, DJing was fun - there weren't many customers because it was cold and rainy, and so the staff was able to sit around and be social and chatty (except I had to jump up every 2 minutes or so to check the next song). I went out afterwards at the behest of some friends, and here is where the realization pops up:
I have no patience with drunk people anymore.
By the time I met up with said friends, they had already been drinking for a while, and I just wanted to go home. The slurring and personal-space issues were really bothering me. Hello, I am not a crutch or a walking-stick.
But in an effort to be a nice person, and because I knew I would be stuck as designated driver, I stayed. Why? Good question. Let's examine:
(1) Wanted to be a Nice Person: Hello, they're drunk. They won't remember you're here. Besides the fact that if I want to leave, I should! Dammit!
(2) Designated Driver: The curse of having a good liver. I am ALWAYS dd. But that's why they have cabs. Note to self. Spend THEIR money, not MY gas money. What am I, the den mother?
Maybe I'm just getting old. Maybe I'm getting boring. And it's not that I disapprove of drinking - I love me some Riesling. But being out with a group of people who can't make a complete sentence is just not something I want to do.
So there. I'm not going to do it anymore. Let them clean up their own messes and get their own asses home.
***********************
On another note, Christmas is in less than a week. I am SOOOOO behind. AAHHHH!!!!!!
Time to get knitting! Or frantic!
I did realize something, however, this weekend. On Saturday night, DJing was fun - there weren't many customers because it was cold and rainy, and so the staff was able to sit around and be social and chatty (except I had to jump up every 2 minutes or so to check the next song). I went out afterwards at the behest of some friends, and here is where the realization pops up:
I have no patience with drunk people anymore.
By the time I met up with said friends, they had already been drinking for a while, and I just wanted to go home. The slurring and personal-space issues were really bothering me. Hello, I am not a crutch or a walking-stick.
But in an effort to be a nice person, and because I knew I would be stuck as designated driver, I stayed. Why? Good question. Let's examine:
(1) Wanted to be a Nice Person: Hello, they're drunk. They won't remember you're here. Besides the fact that if I want to leave, I should! Dammit!
(2) Designated Driver: The curse of having a good liver. I am ALWAYS dd. But that's why they have cabs. Note to self. Spend THEIR money, not MY gas money. What am I, the den mother?
Maybe I'm just getting old. Maybe I'm getting boring. And it's not that I disapprove of drinking - I love me some Riesling. But being out with a group of people who can't make a complete sentence is just not something I want to do.
So there. I'm not going to do it anymore. Let them clean up their own messes and get their own asses home.
***********************
On another note, Christmas is in less than a week. I am SOOOOO behind. AAHHHH!!!!!!
Time to get knitting! Or frantic!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home