Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Monday, December 12, 2005

Sweet Sweet Freedom

This weekend was kind of a bust, as far as productivity goes. Sigh. BUT. Fun was had. So that's good, right? Right??

So here's a list (because we all know how much I love lists!) of the interesting/somewhat-not-boring things that happened this weekend:

* I got to be a sarcastic ass to this girl at Wet Willies whose interpretive dance moves involved dry humping her boyfriend's leg at supersonic speeds. She requested some rap music, to which she could presumably shake her groove-thang, and I told her I wasn't allowed. To which she said "You look as bummed about that as I do." And what was my classy, refined response, you ask? "I don't give a shit what I can and can't play, because I get paid either way. If they told me to play the Mr. Roger's themesong for 5 hours, I'd do it." Followed by raised eyebrow and dismissive glance in her general direction.

HA HA HA HA HA Man that felt good.

* Decided to become a feisty redhead (perhaps because of above verbal smackdown). So I dyed my hair a color called Copper Shimmer. Although parts of it are copper. Parts of it kind of resemble Animal from the Muppets. But that's ok. Red always fades so fast. I'm calling the streakiness a design choice and am embracing it.

* Tried to felt some wool coasters I knitted, for Joe's family (yes, Joe, I took your suggestion to heart). Problem: the wool I bought is apparently impervious to hot, nay boiling, water. Seriously, y'all, I BOILED these coasters. In a pot. On my stove. My house now smells like sheep sauna. Not good. And the damn things wouldn't felt! So, time for plan B. Whatever that is.

* Went to a holiday cocktail/wine party at Robin & Conrad's house. Had a nice time. Got to chat with SCAD professors and met a woman who lived in Europe teaching English, so I hit her up for some advice. All in all, quite fun.

* Saw The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Much was just as I had imagined it, and Lucy is adorable. Plus the kid who plays Peter is hot. Even if he is 15. Reminds me of Prince William, which is never a bad thing. The plot was shortened a bit and the characters aren't as complicated as in the books, but overall as a fan of the books, I wasn't disappointed, which often happens with book-to-movie projects. Oh. And the costumes for the White Witch? FABULOUS. In one scene, she wears a ballgown to a battle (fab in itself), but the skirt? Is CHAINMAIL. It was a HUGE chainmail ballgown. It must have taken months to make. And probably weighed 80 pounds. But it was gorgeous.

Well, that was about it for my weekend. Now it's back to the ol' grind! Happy Monday everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger ragazzaostrica said...

prince william, or the young welshman...can't remember his name.

oh, speaking of, i did a double take the other day here in wellywood....seiously, i thought i saw jan.

he caught me double taking, it was awkard, and he turned out to be your average lanky, stringy-haired german ex-patriot...

and why doesn't anyone read my blog anymore?

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home