Ok, so here we go....
Helloooo everyone.
Ok, so to the news about the DOL. Um, apparently the threatening letter they send that says "Appeal if you disagree with us on anything" doesn't actually MEAN that. My issues weren't part of what they can resolve. The lady and I figured this out after talking in circles for about 30 minutes. So the appeal was useless. They suggested I call the local office. Um, thanks. And thanks for the scary threatening letters that don't actually SAY what you guys MEAN. Maybe they should take their own cover letter class that they offer. Because god. Seriously. Ulcer.
All that stomach acid for nothing.
So I have called and left a message and told them what a model citizen I am and how responsible I am to want to rectify the situation and please call soon so we can get this taken care of. :P
But! On another note, very interesting stuff last night. At Sushi Time Towa. "What?" you think? How can sushi be interesting? WELL!
It's called the Titanic roll. It involves deep frying. This is my kind of sushi. It has crab and stuff in it (I dunno exact ingredients). But when they brought it out, I was temporarily confused. It was a breaded roll of sushi (the whole thing, not just the innards!) and it was laid out length-wise with one piece perched on top, with a little American flag stuck in it. And it was sitting in a dish of brownish soy-sauce water with ice cubes in it. And I stared at it a second and thought "I've never seen sushi on ice before. Weird."
And then I realized.
It was the Titanic roll.
Complete with deck, cabin, flag, and requisite icebergs. HYSTERICAL. If only I had my camera! I'm going to have to start carrying it around with me, for just such an occasion. And it was a FANTASTIC roll too - Yum! Might have to go back and order that one again (and I'll take my camera this time!)
What else to report? Not much. Friday - long work day, and I didn't get much sleep last night due to anxiety re: DOL meeting. Tonight at Wet Willies will be...interesting. And tiring. Might have to take coffee. Mmmm....coffee.
This week has been gorgeous weather-wise. High 70s, sunny, warm, cloudless, lovely.
Tonight's forecast: cloudy, rain.
Tomorrow's forecast: thunderstorms.
Sunday's forecast: cloudy, cold.
Monday's forecast: sunny.
Nice.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend. And yes, I will take photos of cool stuff this weekend. Maybe.
Ok, so to the news about the DOL. Um, apparently the threatening letter they send that says "Appeal if you disagree with us on anything" doesn't actually MEAN that. My issues weren't part of what they can resolve. The lady and I figured this out after talking in circles for about 30 minutes. So the appeal was useless. They suggested I call the local office. Um, thanks. And thanks for the scary threatening letters that don't actually SAY what you guys MEAN. Maybe they should take their own cover letter class that they offer. Because god. Seriously. Ulcer.
All that stomach acid for nothing.
So I have called and left a message and told them what a model citizen I am and how responsible I am to want to rectify the situation and please call soon so we can get this taken care of. :P
But! On another note, very interesting stuff last night. At Sushi Time Towa. "What?" you think? How can sushi be interesting? WELL!
It's called the Titanic roll. It involves deep frying. This is my kind of sushi. It has crab and stuff in it (I dunno exact ingredients). But when they brought it out, I was temporarily confused. It was a breaded roll of sushi (the whole thing, not just the innards!) and it was laid out length-wise with one piece perched on top, with a little American flag stuck in it. And it was sitting in a dish of brownish soy-sauce water with ice cubes in it. And I stared at it a second and thought "I've never seen sushi on ice before. Weird."
And then I realized.
It was the Titanic roll.
Complete with deck, cabin, flag, and requisite icebergs. HYSTERICAL. If only I had my camera! I'm going to have to start carrying it around with me, for just such an occasion. And it was a FANTASTIC roll too - Yum! Might have to go back and order that one again (and I'll take my camera this time!)
What else to report? Not much. Friday - long work day, and I didn't get much sleep last night due to anxiety re: DOL meeting. Tonight at Wet Willies will be...interesting. And tiring. Might have to take coffee. Mmmm....coffee.
This week has been gorgeous weather-wise. High 70s, sunny, warm, cloudless, lovely.
Tonight's forecast: cloudy, rain.
Tomorrow's forecast: thunderstorms.
Sunday's forecast: cloudy, cold.
Monday's forecast: sunny.
Nice.
Hope everyone has a nice weekend. And yes, I will take photos of cool stuff this weekend. Maybe.

1 Comments:
What the hell...? A deep fried sushi roll called the Titanic Roll? That is the funniest thing I have heard in a week!
Post a Comment
<< Home