Lisa, Chinese Food, and Gnomes.
Lisa has come and gone from Savannah. We had a very nice, relaxing time. Ate a LOT. The food babies were HUGE. We apparently had some very international cravings, because we ended up eating:
Mexican
Chinese
English
Southern (which isn't international, but work with me - Waffle House and Krispy Kreme).
We were going to also eat Japanese but the restaurant was closed, and so was the Indian restaurant. Damn.
But! We also went walking on the beach on Saturday and it was a gorgeous day - clear, warm and sunny. We also went downtown for a while, and to the lake near my house. Mostly we just enjoyed each other's company and caught up on things, and talked about her wedding! Which is happening in June! It's going to be very pretty.
Here is what the bridesmaid dress looks like:
http://a6.dessy.com/index.cfm?go=dresses&style=A6239
The Ice Pink is the color she chose. Rachel, please take note: This is what brides choose when they LIKE their bridesmaids.
Note the lack of Ass Bow. Thank you. ;)
Lisa described her dress as Very Very White. It's also very pretty (she showed me a picture).
Oh, you're still wondering where the gnomes come into this? Well, that will require photos. Which I will have to take tonight, because I forgot my camera every time we did anything this weekend. Sigh...
So! Now for an Olympic Knitting update, because I know everyone is dying to hear all about it in nauseating detail. I haven't knitted in almost a week. I am a bad athlete. I'm almost as much of a letdown as Bode Miller. If you don't know who that is, you should watch more Olympic alpine skiing. 4 words: Hot Butt in Spandex. (Joe, you didn't see that). 4 more words about Bode: Chokes in the Clutch. Meaning he came in as a favorite and has managed to NOT medal in every single race he's competed in. Oh well. Fame does that to you I guess. ANYWAY. Back to knitting. The sweater is sitting there, looking at me wistfully, just wishing I would put down the damn potato chip and knit a stitch or two.
I will tonight. Bills are paid, real estate course is finished, house is clean, time to knit!
Mexican
Chinese
English
Southern (which isn't international, but work with me - Waffle House and Krispy Kreme).
We were going to also eat Japanese but the restaurant was closed, and so was the Indian restaurant. Damn.
But! We also went walking on the beach on Saturday and it was a gorgeous day - clear, warm and sunny. We also went downtown for a while, and to the lake near my house. Mostly we just enjoyed each other's company and caught up on things, and talked about her wedding! Which is happening in June! It's going to be very pretty.
Here is what the bridesmaid dress looks like:
http://a6.dessy.com/index.cfm?go=dresses&style=A6239
The Ice Pink is the color she chose. Rachel, please take note: This is what brides choose when they LIKE their bridesmaids.
Note the lack of Ass Bow. Thank you. ;)
Lisa described her dress as Very Very White. It's also very pretty (she showed me a picture).
Oh, you're still wondering where the gnomes come into this? Well, that will require photos. Which I will have to take tonight, because I forgot my camera every time we did anything this weekend. Sigh...
So! Now for an Olympic Knitting update, because I know everyone is dying to hear all about it in nauseating detail. I haven't knitted in almost a week. I am a bad athlete. I'm almost as much of a letdown as Bode Miller. If you don't know who that is, you should watch more Olympic alpine skiing. 4 words: Hot Butt in Spandex. (Joe, you didn't see that). 4 more words about Bode: Chokes in the Clutch. Meaning he came in as a favorite and has managed to NOT medal in every single race he's competed in. Oh well. Fame does that to you I guess. ANYWAY. Back to knitting. The sweater is sitting there, looking at me wistfully, just wishing I would put down the damn potato chip and knit a stitch or two.
I will tonight. Bills are paid, real estate course is finished, house is clean, time to knit!

2 Comments:
No knitting allowed! I WANT MY KNICKERS!
Hey, hey, hey, no knickers for you, C, until the sweater's done!! :) This is the same sweater I unwrapped on Christmas morning -- gorgeous, even stitching, lovely color, needles still attached.
Kelli, you're still holding a grudge about the bridesmaids dress? Can't say I blame you. I was telling my coworker about them just yesterday. In that conversation I realized that, of my four bridesmaids, only the two who are related to me still speak to me. Could it have been the dress? Or the dyed to match pumps? Or maybe the little comb of silk flowers. Oy.
But the music was good. . .
Post a Comment
<< Home