Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy Hump Day!

And happy first day of Lent, for all those suffering with penitential Christianity. :)

So I totally forgot Mardi Gras was yesterday, until Chris (who also had forgotten) called me from karaoke to ask if it was, indeed, Fat Tuesday. Apparently, she said, there were lots of people coming into the bar with masks and stuff on. Oh, I said. Yeah, I guess it IS Mardi Gras.

So Happy Belated Mardi Gras, all you catholics out there!

To celebrate (kind of, but not really) I ate some chocolate. And sewed (Yes, Catlyn, I worked through some of your box of goodies!). :D And watched a movie called The Ladykillers, which was filmed sometime in the late 40s or maybe early 50s. Hard to tell. Not a great movie, but vaguely entertaining because of the little old Victorian lady who played the lead. Very cute, in her little straw hats. One of the main actors was Alec Guinness. Now, like (maybe) some of you out there, I thought the name was familiar but couldn't place it, nor could I recognize him, although he was wearing some weird fake teeth so that's not surprising. Anyway, at the end of the movie, I clicked on Extras and realized that Alec Guinness was none other than...

Obi Wan Kenobi.

I couldn't believe it. This guy didn't look a THING like Obi Wan in this film. But here's the cool thing: he had taken acting classes several times over, and everyone told him he'd never make it as an actor. Then later in life, he was knighted for his acting skills. Sir Alec!

One other funny thing: He hated his dialogue in Star Wars because he thought it was forced and stupid. lol. Take THAT, George Lucas!

Anyway, the sad thing is, he's dead. Obi Wan is dead. Well, I know he was dead in the movie, but you know what I mean.

It's like when Q died (the old inventor guy in the James Bond movies). I cried when he died in real life. It was very sad.

I have no life.

Ok, so for those of you keeping track, I took my real estate exam last night! And I think I did well. But here's the rub: I found out that this isn't the OFFICIAL real estate exam, it's just the final for my course. Sigh. I have to take the licensing exam at some place across town at 8 pm sometime in the near future (as soon as my fake final exam is graded and approved). Anyway, it's a step closer to my exam, and it was good practice. So no license yet, but it's coming soon. Hopefully by mid March I can take the other and be up and running in real estate by April.

What else? It's warm here. Gorgeous weather. Sunny, and today's high is supposed to be 77. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 80.

Sorry to tell you that, Joe. High in Berlin today: 34. Snow.

Although snow is nice. It hasn't snowed in Savannah in 3 years. I kind of miss it. It's so pretty, at least until it gets smooshed under cars and it turns into that gross gray sludge. It's oddly hard to live in a place that's warm all the time, because it doesn't feel like there are seasons at all. IT's all kind of one big blur, if you know what I mean. Several of you (Catlyn, Lisa, Chris, Elizabeth) have lived in places with no discernable winter. It's odd, isn't it?

Of course, it is nice to be able to go kayaking in January. So there's that. :) (Sorry again Joe - stay warm! Eat some soup!)

Funny thing: I posted on the German knitting team site the other day, saying that I needed an official Overtime to finish the sweater (and should qualify since I have Olympics recorded on 3 tapes!). Apparently I'm not the only one. Several people on the blog have seconded my need for Verlängerung (overtime! See how I'm learning German!). They've suggested we could knit for the Paralympics or the Soccer World Cup. I think this is tremendously funny, that we all just have this small addiction to knitting. Can't. Stop. Knitting. HA HA. This has been fun though, even though I didn't post much at all (takes a while to type up these responses in German!), because it made me feel a bit friendly with complete German strangers. Makes me feel more confident about moving there and having to buy asparagus in German. Ein Kilo weiße Spargel, bitte! (p.s. - we honorarily awarded ourselves gold medals. See the German blog for a photo - I might have to try to post it on mine too. hee hee).

Ok, for those of you who are bored, Rachel sent me this website yesterday and we both are in LOVE with these things:

http://www.tab-rv.com/story/index.php

Alright, guess I should work a bit or something. Or maybe just go to lunch. That's a thought.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home