Kelli's Sundries and Miscellanies

A little window into the things that make my life what it is: usually interesting, occasionally frustrating, and mostly funny. Enjoy!

Name:
Location: GA

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Send Wine - STAT.

Hey y'all.

It's Wednesday. It feels like it should be Blurnsday (that's the 9th work day past Friday when one's eyes start to cross and one considers self-medicating to get through the day).

Ok, actually I haven't had anything to drink yet - really. Yet. Self-medicating has, however, already begun.

So work has been exceptionally busy lately to the point that I just can't keep up. Guess this should make me happy right? Job security? But I just don't deal well with stress and need to become Zen or something. Get one of those sand rakes and wear robes and drink tea and look serene. Yeah, I'll look into that.

On to other news! I worked hard to get my sewing room cleaned up last weekend to start teaching sewing lessons to my guinea pig friends. It's now SO PRETTY. Have I taken a photo to show you? No, because I'm a jerk. Should I go take a photo now and upload it? Should I be that nice? Sigh.....Give me a minute.

I am so good to you. Do you appreciate this? I hope so. :D

Here is my nice new clean and organized sewing room! Check out the cork board organization! Tremble in fear at my scissors hanging from thumb tacks.

OOh! Here's the rest of the room. Tidy! Organized! Clean! Gorgeous!




That's my yarn stash in the corner there, by the mannequins. It's also newly organized! See that brown thing on the lower part of the picture? It's called the Floor. And you can actually SEE it. Because I've picked up all the fabric and put it away!!

See?

This is why I'm on fabric probation (again). Cleaning up this room, I realized that I have enough fabric to clothe a small northern European country. Several times over. And by the way, this isn't all the fabric I have. This is just part of it. Now, for those of you who might not know, I purged a LOT of fabric when I moved. Really! I did! And yet, this fabric is like so many little wild bunnies, working hard to take over the world with their fuzzy rabbitiness.

So yes, no more fabric purchases for me for a while. Instead of buying, it's time for some of this:


Please ignore the fact that my fingers look like little fat sausages in this photo.

I'd like to say here that I would love to put a photo of one of my current crafting projects on here, but I can't because I don't want this person to see it yet. Ooooh, who could it be for? What could the project be? Oh, you'll just have to wait. Oh, the torture! Are you suffering yet? No? Fine. Be that way.

Joe had a Canadian coworker over for dinner last night, so we could ask him about Canadian destinations for our vacation. He had so many suggestions, we realize that we could spend weeks in Nova Scotia and still not see everything. Guess that's true of lots of places, but the photos of that area are so pretty - lighthouses and coastal villages with bright colored shutters. And seafood chowder. YUM.

We leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. So much to do!! So many summer dresses to sew! Eek!

Time to head to bed. I like to read a chapter (or at least part of one) before going to sleep, and I chose a new book from the library, only to find out that it's a children's book. But it's in the vein of Harry Potter so it's very fun - it's called Skulduggery Pleasant. I'm really enjoying it. Am I 13? Maybe. So what?

3 Comments:

Blogger ragazzaostrica said...

fancy...the room.

and actually, your fingers look nicely manicured.

i hope we can get to gether next week!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The room is impressive. I hope your students enjoy it!

Now, wanna come clean my house?

6:59 PM  
Blogger Shanna Mac said...

i need sewing help--DESPERATELY!!! i may have to give you a call soon, though fear i no longer have your number. will ask sister...

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home